Airfox to speak at Mobile Payments Conference 2019
‘Mobile Money in Emerging Markets: Financial Access for the Next 3 Billion’ panel in Chicago on Aug. 28
“The mobile device − in all its many forms − will be central to commercial activity.” That’s the focus of this month’s 2019 Mobile Payments Conference (MPC19) in Chicago, where Airfox executive vice president Justin Hoffmann will participate in a panel titled ‘Mobile Money in Emerging Markets: Financial Access for the Next 3 Billion’.
The MPC forum brings together leading experts in the fintech, mobile payments, and digital technology industries for three days of immersive learning and networking. Speakers at MPC19 include Jack Connors of Google, Jim Ciortan of PayPal/Venmo, and many more! Learn more about the world class conference by visiting the MPC19 website.
Details on the Airfox’s MPC19 panel:
- Title: Mobile Money in Emerging Markets: Financial Access for the Next 3 Billion
- Date and time: Wednesday, August 28 from 9:00–9:35 a.m. Central Time
- Location: Swissôtel Chicago
- Summary: Justin will discuss how our growing global mobile infrastructure is driving massive business and economic change. He also plans to share details on how Airfox is accelerating financial inclusion for the underbanked in emerging economies with digital services that make it easier and less expensive for people to access their money, pay bills, and build wealth.
- Other panelists: Darren Easten, senior director of Financial Health Network, and Armando Guzman, CEO of Cualix will join Justin. The panel will be moderated by Andrew B. Morris, the founder and CEO of The Fintech Agenda.
- Conference agenda: See what other speakers and events are scheduled throughout the conference here.
As the EVP of Airfox, Justin has first-hand experience developing and launching mobile technology to disrupt traditional banking practices. Justin’s unique professional and life experience prior to joining Airfox provides him with an insightful perspective into the banking industries in emerging markets.
I’m excited to share Airfox’s perspective on how we aim to accelerate financial inclusion,” says Justin. “Our plan for addressing fundamental challenges pertaining to financial accessibility in emerging markets, such as Brazil, brings a highly disruptive approach in comparison to the existing incumbent offerings — in line with the tectonic trends we’re seeing in the broader digital/mobile payments industry.
Airfox also submitted for the MPC19 Aite Group Digital Wallet Innovation Awards. The awards honor innovation achieved by digital wallet providers that are changing the way that commerce is done. Winners will be announced at the conference during the award ceremony on Tuesday, August 27 from 5–5:25 p.m. CT.
Thank you for your continued support and engagement. We hope to see you in Chicago!
Airfox’s banQi is the only digital bank in Brazil launching with nearly 1,000 offline physical retail locations to reach the underserved people in local communities. This will expand on the 300,000 physical locations Airfox has already deployed, including ATMs and traditional banks, that allow users to convert funds from Brazilian Reals to a banQi wallet balance.