Important AirToken news
Join the revolution
Hi AIR supporters,
We would love to share an update on some of the things that happened recently with Airfox and AirToken. Thanks so much for your support, we’re honored that you’re a part of our story.
1. Android app launched in Brazil + press coverage
In February, we launched the Airfox Android app to give the unbanked and financially underserved in Brazil access to financial services and eCommerce through their mobile phones without needing a bank account or credit card.
Then at Mobile World Congress, we announced microloans and got some great press internationally and in Brazil.
2. Launched our dApp: Top-up prepaid mobile phones and transfer AirTokens
The first version of our decentralized app (dApp) is now live! The AirToken dApp allows Ethereum wallet and AirToken (AIR) holders to:
- Use AIR to top-up prepaid mobile phones on 500+ wireless carriers
- Send AIR as remittances from an Ethereum wallet to users of the Airfox Android app or another Ethereum wallet
- Withdraw AIR from the Airfox Android app to an Ethereum wallet
3. Telegram relaunched + updated community plans
4. Building the business + expanding the team
We’ve been working around the clock to build this incredible business. We have offices in San Francisco and will be opening an office in São Paulo soon. Besides that, we’ve expanded our team which now consists of:
- 14 engineers (in US and Brazil)
- 3 marketing (includes community management)
- 3 business operations (includes data analysis)
Now that we have launched two real products, we’re starting to gather data on our audiences. We’re slowly ramping up our marketing plans to ensure even, natural growth and to make sure our systems can handle it. Our goal it to be transparent with what’s going on and our road map. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out on Reddit, Telegram, or any other way you want. 😊